Well if you care about the world, might as well put your money where your mouth is and also some cute local manufacturers;
- Apolisglobal.com. They source from around the world and help coops just about everywhere.
- Metamorphicgear.com. This is a Seattle company that recycles goods. Maybe not the prettiest but you can feel good about using their totes.
- Filson. Local seattle outdoor gear and clothing company
- Gaiam.com. A boulder company focused on organize products.
- Yield Design, they have a bag that converts into a picnic blanket for one. Nice if you’ve got two people then your bag is your combo blanket 🙂
The Trustees.org have a good list too:
- Etsy.com. This is a coop shopping site
- Freshpicnic.com. Eco friendly galore
Real Simple also did a review of outdoor blankets:
- ZipnGo Blanket. Made in the US and waterproof too. Made in Idaho so pretty cool and you can get it embroidered.
If you are in the UK:
- Sustainably Yours. This is a UK site with lots of sustainable products.
Fairtradeusa.org certifies people who do these kind of things: