Haven't been back to Shanghai in a while and haven't had time to study and look for cool places to go, but here are some quick notes:
- Well, 85 degrees C Bakery seems to be the most popular (a Taiwanese chain), but none seem to be close to Lujiazui.
- But you have to see the Bakeria which is the entire B2 level of the Super Brand Mall
- Ruby (Hong Bao Shi, ???) is a popular Shanghai brand. No. 1574, Pudong Avenue, Pudong New Area
And then there are cool places to shop and see:
- Moganshan Lu 50 Hao aka M50is a converted factory with avant garde artists
- Tianzifang. An old shikumen area with small shops and places. Touristy but fun and some good food, although most of the really funky stores have been replaced by upscale boutiques.
Finally for fun places to see and do, Timeout Shanghai suggests:
- The views are terrific all around Pudong, but the Hyatt on the Bund has the Vue Bar so you can look back over the city at 199 Huangpu Road, Shanghai, China 200080.
- Yuan. For drinks in Jingan.
- Mason de l'Hui. For really upscale Shanghainese cuisine.
- Shanghai Chic. In the south bund for the best hongshaorou, my Dad's favorite. Yum! Steamed subei hen. In Huangpu near Fuxing Dong Lu.