Well we got the Logitech Harmony working fine and I’m amazed how easy it is. We also got a new RTI-8V to replace a Crestron and here are some tips:
- Reboot the processor. There is no way to do this other than to unplug it and then wait for a minute and then the display should come up with it’s logo.
- Make sure it is connected to the Internet and the port is set to 100Mbps. The thing will not work with a 1Gb connection, so either have the switch set there or turn on auto negotiate.
- The current firmware in the Unifi Flex switches does not respect auto negotiate. You have to set it manually for the Flex (the powered switch), but the Flex mini seems to hold it.
- Reboot the remote. Hold the very bottom-most button and the center OK button.
- Make sure that everything is plugged in. There are RS-232 cables in the center and at the left rear there are IR sensor lights.
- Look at the wireless receiver. When you press a button on the remote, it should light green while there is transmit. It lights red if there if is interferences.
- Go to the IP address of the RTI and click on log and turn on detailed. You should see the commands it is trying to send.
- If your IR driven things are not working, retrace all the wires and when you click on the remote make sure the wireless receiver blinks and that the IR lights up red properly.
Anyway, for the last time, it looks like the remote got out of sync and we needed to reboot everything to make it work