All DVD Media Not Equal…
SONY DRU-510A 1.0c FIRMWARE REPORTS HERE PLEASE >>>
_As this report shows, you have to be pretty careful with what media you buy. Here's a post the latest firmware report for the Sony DRU-510A_
i finally had a chance to test some differant types of media yesterday With the new 1.0c firmware,here are my findings:
* Datawrite"yellow"classic 1x DVD-R Gen 3> wrote at 1x and disk was ok.
* Choice consumables branded 1x/2x DVD-R> wrote at 2x and disk was ok.
* Datasafe "Datawrite" Classic grey top 2x DVD-R> wrote at 2x and disk was ok.
* Bulkpaq Green Top 2x DVD-R> wrote at 2x but disk had bad pixelation after 57 mins into film.
* Datawrite "Ritek" white top 1x/2x DVD-R>wrote at 2x and disk was ok.
* Bulkpaq orange top 4x DVD-R> wrote at 2x but disk was unplayable,all pixelated from the start.
* Infiniti High quality 2.4x DVD R> wrote at 2.4x and disk was ok.
* Datasafe "red top" 4x DVD-R> would not write to disk at all.
* White label "white top" 4x DVD-R> wrote at 2x but slight pixelation near end of disk.
* Ricoh 2.4x DVD R> wrote at 2.4x and disk was ok.