So how much on the Internet can you save if you want to subscribe to a magazine. Here’s one journey (and test) to get the lowest price on _The Atlantic_
* “eHow”:http://www.ehow.com/how_109077_deal-magazine-subscription.html recommends going to the publishers site directly. For the “Atlantic”:https://ssl.theatlantic.com/sub/17580/IPC0506H, this is $2.45 per copy or $24.50. They do have an “educational”:http://www.theatlantic.com/a/eduorder.mhtml discount program buty you need to order 5 copies per issue at least.
* “Amazon”:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007987Y/qid=1148789288/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0899765-2303837?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=599858. I figured these guys would have the rack rate which is $24.95 per year so no bargain there.
* “netMagazines”:http://netmagazines.com/product.asp?pID=110060&TR=608&cID=30. I’ve used these guys in the past. They have the same $24.95 rack rate for a year although they have a complex package pricing system that might make it easier
* google:”magazine subscriptions” shows that “Magazines.com”:http://magazines.com and “magsdirect.com”:http://magsdirect.com are the top two hits, so checking those and “Magazines.com”:http://www.magazines.com/ncom/mag?id=3487898091719&mid=0000000359 has the same $24.95 price
* “MagmaMags”:http://www.magmaweb.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1047 has the Atlantic at $16 which is pretty good but again I don’t know if they are reputable.
* “Magazinepricesearch.com”:http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/atlanticmonthly.html has actually built a price searching engine like pricegrabber and shows couponing. For isntance with DCMPS40P, you get $10 off from netmagazines.com and SpringMags coupon at magazines.com gets you $5 off. The main issue though of course is are these underlying sites reputable.
Some other searches there are for “Harpers Magazine”:http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/harpersmagazine.html which is $11/year from magazania.com and magazinecity.com. The rack rate by the way is $14.97 from magazines.com
The “New Yorker”:http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/newyorker.html is biweekly so it is somewhat more at $47 rack rate while it is $18.80 at DeltaMagazines.com. NetMagazines also has a $34 price with the DCMPS16 coupon. “Magmaweb”:http://www.magmaweb.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1940has a $19/year educational-only price as well.