Camera Plates


! I got the really amazing Gitzo 2530 and the Markins Emilie Q3, but I didn't realize that for these high end tripods, they have something called a "camera plate" that adapts the little thingy on the camera to the tripod. It is called a quick release plate and I gather you need one for your camera. In my case from Markins, that is the PG-30U and also for the big lenses, in my case, the Canon 100-400 requires a "PL-55": mounting plate. Both are $50 each. So beware.

I actually ordered them from "": which is the guy who runs Nikonians, a great site for us photo buffs.

powered by performancing firefox