Blackberry Music and Video Codecs
Here is what the blackberry can playback according to “Pinstack”:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/6354-comprehensive_blackberry_pearl_8100_guide.html and there is a freeware encoder for video that “Pinstack”:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/6948-original_video_encoding_8100_a.html recommends.
The following Audio formats (including extensions) are supported:
– ACC – audio compression formats AAC, AAC+, and EAAC+
– AMR – Adaptive Multi Rate-Narrow Band (AMR-NB) speech coder standard Supported AMR-NB rates are 4.75 KBps, 5.15 KBps, 5.9 KBps, 6.7 KBps, 7.4 KBps, 7.95 KBps, 10.2 KBps, and 12.2 KBp.
– AMR files must conform to the standards specified in Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) document RFC3267, Section 5, on the the Internet RFC Archive web site.
– MIDI – Polyphonic MIDI (.mid, .midi, or .smf)
– MP3 – encoded using MPEG Part 1 and Part 2 audio layer 3 Supported sample rates are 16Khz, 22.050Khz, 24Khz, 32Khz, 44.1Khz and 48Khz.
– WAV – supports sample rates of 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz with 8-bit and 16-bit depths in mono or stereo Supports WAV files created using audio codec GSM6.10.
The following Audio file extensions are also supported:
– .avi containing PCM, MP3, and AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
– .3gp containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
– .mp4 containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
– .mov containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
– .aac and .m4a containing AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+ Video
The following Video formats are supported:
– MPEG-4 Part 2 – Simple Profile + bvops (including DivX files in this format)
– H.263 Profile 0 and Profile 3
The way to get H.263 and then you select,
1.Select the Output Container= avi
2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
5.Bitrate kbps= 64-576
The following Video file extensions are also supported:
– .avi containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
– .mov containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
– .3gp containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
– .mp4 containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
– .m4v containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
– .mpg containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
powered by performancing firefox