Well the Christmas season has come and I'm still jamming to get all my presents out. Here's where I've been. Sadly, compared to the last three all Internet christmases for me, there was narry a deal to be found and most of the .com's and startups have dried up. Just look at Pricegrabber to see what I mean:
- Barnes & Noble. I love Amazon, but this year, Connie's Reader's Advantage card and also the free shipping for two items got me over to bn.com. The pricing between Amazon and Barnes & Noble is essentially identical these days. I love their best and recommended sections, although they really don't the reviewer strength of Amazon.
- Crate and Barrel. These bricks and mortar sites are really making a come back now that the Internet craze is over. Sigh, seems like not too many of the .coms are going to make it. A great place to get a gift for Linda.
- Red Trumpet. I did find these guys at Bluefly. Jon Anderson recommended this for the pricing. So I'll give them a try. I recall they are basically a cut rate outlet type of store.
- Amazon. Mainly shopping in their apparel store. It is a little confusing given that they are merging so many distinct underlying stores together. However, they are offering $30 off for a $50 purchase so what the heck. I'm there giving them a try. Actually ordered from Jos. A. Banks, so we'll see how it all works. They claim it will get there by Christmas.
- Photoworks. Steve Hooper turned me on to all the different photo things you can get. He uses Shutterfly, but you can get them also from Photoworks which is what Connie uses. I ordered a 16x24 puzzle with a photo of the kids on it. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.