Getting up on Blogging
Had a great discussion about the future of blogs, mobile, etc. with some incredibly smart people (Ben Slivka, Bill Valentine, Satoshi Nakajima and Kendra Vandermulen). They asked for an easy intro to blogging. A good questions. Here are some sites to look at:
* “Tong Family”:https://tongfamily.com. OK, a selfish announcement, you can see what the geeks are doing and their format. Also “Geek Fishing”:http://geekfishing.net is a place to find Steve Hooper, Bill Malloy, etc. and also “The Ludwigs”:http://www.theludwigs.com when his site comes back up. See the recently visited list on tongfamily too.
* “Blogger”:http://blogger.com. An easy way to get started. It’s free and you can try it.
* blo.gs and “blogdex.com”:http://www.blogdex.media.mit.edu and a “Google”:http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Internet/On_the_Web/Weblogs/Directories/ for weblog directories.
* “Movable Type”:http://movabletype.org. A fantastic tool if you are self hosting. Nice UI and feature set.
* “Daily Pundit”:http://dailypundit.com and “Command Post”:http://command-post.org are two community sites.
* “Joi Ito”:http://joi.ito.com/moblog/. The first mobile blogger. More like a photo gallery.