Barrow Alaska Research Notes
Here are some links for things that happened in Alaska around 1987, Barrow Alaska and whaling there:
* “Bowheads in Alaska”:http://alaska.bp.com/alaska/environment/EnvStudies/pdf/3MAMMALS/gBowhead_Whales.pdf. A note about Bowheads
What happened around 1987:
* “Exxon Valdez”:http://gurukul.ucc.american.edu/ted/exxon.htm. Crashed into Bligh Reef 11M gallons. March 24, 1989.
* “Wikipedia 1986”:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986. It’s hard to access Encyclopedias or other things, this wiki is pretty good though.
* “Whaling History”:http://www.explorenorth.com/library/yafeatures/bl-whaling.htm. The history of commercial whaling
* “Bowhead Whaling History”:http://www.highnorth.no/Library/Hunts/Other/al-es-wh.htm. Story of how Alaskan Bowheads were conserved.
* “Technology of whaling and global history”:http://www.whalecraft.net/History.html. Includes the invention of the bomb lance, shoulder guns, etc.
* “Bowhead Protection Status”:http://www.nature.ca/notebooks/english/bowhead.htm. Bowheads were protected in 1938. Commercial whaling began in 1600s, First People have whaled for thousands of years.
* “Snowmobile Inventor”:http://www.occdsb.on.ca/~sel/cahero/bombardier.htm. Bombardier invented it in 1937.
* “Barrow History”:http://reference.allrefer.com/gazetteer/B/B02553-barrow.html. Recent history in short form
* “Inupiat History”:http://www.co.north-slope.ak.us/ihlc/. More depth on the history of Barrow and the Inupiat
* “Alaska History”:http://www.alaska.edu/creatingalaska/calendar/. A larger chronology.