Bicyling in Hawaii
Well, I've been to Hawaii a bunch but never figured out how to really get a good ride in there. Here are some resources:
* "The Bike Shop":http://www.bikeshophawaii.com/. The big multi store chain. There is one right in Kailua on Oahu. They "rent":http://www.bikeshophawaii.com/Rentals.htm the Specialized Allez for $110/week and you can also pack and ship to them for $35 to assemble and $100 for UPS to actually deliver the bike. It's $20 to disassemble and then $60 to send to the mainland. You have to send the week before hand.
* "Hawaiian Bike League":http://www.hbl.org/. Good road bike routes on Oahu. Most interesting is the one over the Pali mountains from Waikiki to Kailua. Amazing they say that bicyclists can take that one. Boy is it busy!
* Kona Hawaii Daily Bike Tours and Big Island Bicycle Vacation Packages with Orchid Isle Bicycling.. This is on the big island. Not sure how serious it is, but they are there doing packages
* "Maui Bike":http://www.mauibike.com/. Seems like a relaxed thing, they offer 24-speed comfort bikes.
* "Island Biker Maui":http://www.maui.net/~rjn/. A little more serious, this is a local bike shop on Maui. You can for instance rent a 2003 Specialized Allez Sports for $125/week. Or a Specialized Epic for $45/day.
* "CyclEvents":http://www.cyclevents.com/. They run road cycling tours on the big island, Kauai and Maui now.
* "Bike Hawaii":http://bikehawaii.com/. They give you trails for mountain biking all over the Hawaiian Islands.