Jon has seen really short life on his iPhone. My own iPhone drained in literally two hours yesterday. Here is some advice from “Apple”:http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html on the problem:
* You can look at Settings/Usage to see the “Time since last full charge” to get an idea of whether the thing is really charged up
* Update to the latest firmware. I’ve actually not seen any help here.
* Mail Auto-Check. You need to switch this to manual because it seems like most of the time the thing is just spinning constantly hung checking. The data connection really drains. Personally I’ve found that sometimes I just get connecting… and I have to turn the phone completely off and on again. Others have found that they need to delete the whole profile and start over.
* Turn off Push Mail. I didn’t realie this was there, but it is in Settings/Mail/ and select the mail account and Advanced to turn it off.
* Check fewer mail accounts. Lots of accounts drain the battery, just the minimum you need
* Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth if you are not using them.
* Turn down the brightness of the screen.