National geographic adventurer
Wow national geographic has certainly branches out. Love reading third latest guide to adventure travel in their november issue. Some notes via wordpress on iPhone:
Arunachel Pradeah India. Whitewater kayaking in real wilderness
Mont Bell is an amazing lightweight sweater made of goose down packs down to. 20cm long and just 7.5cm around. Perfect for travel. Add to an Rei element packable and it is perfect for winter nearly anywhere but the far north. Plus it comes in orange! Expensive at $160, but the Ex Light. Like everyone else they are running sales online. The U.L. Innter Jacket is just $100.
And then there are the 25 best new trips include:
- Mark Thorton (thorntonsafaris.com) is their top rated outfitter. Doing the first waking tours of Serengeti National park. 12 days. $7,600.
- Gapadventures.com going to Benin, Burkina Faso and Togo. $2400. 16 days.
- Adventuresinafrica.com does Zambia walking tours and then kayaking in Malawi. $4900. 10 days.
- Islandexpeditions.com Belize kayaking trip. $1599. 5 days.
- Geoex.com to Galapagos on first Eco-friendly 48-passenger boat. $7000. 11 days.
- Mtsobek.com to Venuzuela tepuis. Nontechnical. $5300. 11 days.
- Columbia isn’t dangerous anymore. Columbiatrek.com and santanderalextremo.com for adventure options.
- Wildplanetadventures.com for pure wildlife in India. $4500. 13 days.
- Remotelands.com to see Komodo dragons in Indonesia. $4000. 4 days.
- National Geographic Travel and Lindblad Expeditions has 18-day voyage in Indian Ocean. 12420. March-April.
- H2outfitters.com kayak in Jordan. $2900. 7 days. March.
- Zeco.com 700 miles east of new Zealand starts in Fiji on a 338 foot ship. $9380. 16 days. November
- Tuitai.com to remote islands near Fiji to visit communities there on 140 foot schooner. 7 days. $3600.
And my favorite the top 50 ecolodges in different areas
- Chumboisland.com. Tanzania. $400
- Kosraevillage.com. Micronesia. Remote. $149.
- Nihiwatu.com. Indonesia. 3km beach. Surfing. $440
- Ranweli.com. Sri lanka. Traditional village. $66
- Adrereameliai.net. Egypt. $490.
- Al-maha.com 45 minutes from Dubai. $1000.
- Desertrhinocamp.com. Namibia. $814.
- Threecamellodge.com. Mongolia. $160.
- Tsawali.com. South Africa wilderness reserve. $1500.
- Longitude131.com. Ayers rock. $1980.
- Tajsafaris.com to see last tigers. India. $1440.
- Theboatlanding.laopdr.com Laos. Backbacker enclave. $35.
- Canopytower.com. Panama. Converted radar tower. $125.
- Daintree-ecolodge.com. Australia. Locals 40 minutes from GBA. $460.
- Chalalan.com. Bolivia. Locals. $345.
- Kapawi.com. Ecuador in amazon. $695 pp.
- Sukau.com. Borneo. Elephants. $370
- Crosswaters.net.cn. Two hours from Hong kong. $220.
- Kasbahdutoubkal.com. Morocco. $230.
- Khrl.com. Golden BC
- Oreillys.com.au. Brisbane mountains. $327.
- Tigermountain.com/pokhara. Nepal. $500.
- Basecampexplorer.com. Kenya. $560
- Caiman.com.br. Brazil. $448
- Campiyakanzi.com. Kenya. $1100