So what if you want surround sound say in the family room, but don’t have any easy way to run wires to the back?
Logitech has their Z-5450 which is 4 speakers plus a subwoofer. The rear speakers can be as far away as 8.5 meters (28 feet) and still work. It is also THX certified so might even sound decent. It is running at 2.4GHz, so hopefully there won’t be interference from Wifi and Bluetooth, but they say it does frequency hop and the bandwidth needed is very small. And it can handle seven inputs as well. Street price is $500.
AspectTV also mentions that Rocketfish makes a wireless convertor that does the same thing, but you still need wires at the rear. If you happen to have two power outlets in the back, the Logitech system is way more convenient. They also have a ton of rear wireless speakers including and they like the Logitech as it is THX certified and expensive at $500.
- Samsung HT-TZ315 Wireless Surround Home Cinema
- Voyage Wireless Speakers 2.4GHZ
- Creative Gigaworks Wireless Surround System. Also THX certified and slightly cheaper at $300 and lower power basically a 36 watt per channel system.
- AEG SLS 0450
- Sony HTSF1100 – 5.1 Home Theatre System
- AEG DVD 1462 Surround Speaker