Since I’m in the middle of a buying spree (:-), why not look at pens. Last year, we ended up getting the:
- Pilot Hi-tec-C 0.3mm. Got this in lots of colors. It indeed an incredible pen. The line is so thin, you almost can’t see it. It is so sharp and consistent, but because it is so thin that you almost can’t see it. So it is almost too fine except for the most detailed work.
- Sakura Pigma Micro 03 Black. We ended up getting a range of widths. The 0.3mm is actually quite a bit thicker than the Pilot and seems to work well.
- Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen Fine Nib. Wow, what a writer. The main thing is that it writes well. It isn’t the prettiest pen I’ve ever used, so the hunt goes on.
So what does pen addict think is incredible now:
- TWSBI 580 – Hard to beat the value and versatility. Cheap at $55 at Amazon plus you can get nibs and then you need your own ink like Noodlers Bernanke Black Ink. $12.50 at Amazon.
- Sakura Pigma Micron – My go-to Field Notes pen.
- Uni-Ball Signo DX 0.38 mm – Vibrant, smooth, and consistent. Available in stores
- Ohto Graphic Liner – Still amazed how good this pen is.
- Uni-Ball Jetstream – The pen of the people, and me if it is 0.7mm. This one you get from jet pens.com