So for cheap headphones, I bought a bunch of the $10 monoprice, but they all broke after about 3 months, so on to something a little better. Tried to give the kids the $127 VC-1000. They sound great, but also not durable enough, so trying to cut the middle and get a $30 headphone.
Wirecutter like the $15 RP-TCM125. You can get them from Beach Camera for $15 (with 3x rewards points at BankofAmerica!).
Why did the Panasonic RP-TCM125 Ergo Fit win? The Panasonic won because they sounded the best. Hands down. They were everyone’s top choice in terms of sound fidelity.
via Best In-Ear Headphones Under $30 | The Wirecutter.
Cnet actually like the down model Panasonic Ergo-Fit RP-HJE120 at $8 even more for the sound although said it wasn't super durable looking 🙂
And of course my favorite review at head-fi.org which numeric ratings. Here are the low cost 9/10 headphones:
- Monoprice 8320. $7.
- MEElectronics M6. $22. This uses the same plugs as VSonic VC1000
- MEElectronics M9. $17
- Brainwavz Beta. $29. The best sounding in the category. Just $9 at Amazon.
- JVC HA-FX40. $22. Treble heavy
- Visang R02/Brainwavz ProAlpha. $40. The best under $50
- Xears Nature N3i. Makes sense only with the coupon KLANGFUZZIS at $45.
- Dunu DN-12 Trident. $35
- Brainwavz M5. $40 good build quality
- Visang VS-k1. $50
- RHA MA-350. $35.
- Visang VS-R03/Brainwavz m2. $65. Best under $100 there is. ebay. and Amazon for $54
- Fischer Audio Eterna. $68. Bass heavy.
And then there is http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/:
Then there is Amazon.com ratings:
- Brainwavz Delta. Top rated. $19.50. 4.7/5.
- Panasonic RPHJE120K. This is the non-mike version of the RP-TCM125. $9!. 4.75/5.