OK, every year, I get a new key from the Microsoft Alumni. This is a nice benefit (although I confess I don't use Office that much), but I can never remember how to use the key, so here's a quick guide:
- You go to the Microsoft Alumni site and you request a family sharing key. You have to do this each year as it is a different one.
- You request one and then wait a few days and hopefully, that site will appear with your product code.
- Then you go to the Microsoft 365 site and log in. One confusion is that I have an email account that is both for a group and a personal account. This only seems to work for the personal account.
- Then you get there and enter the product key.
- Then you need to make sure your family is there on the list. You can have up to six family members and they each need an email account with a Microsoft login.
- Then for xBox, you buy that at the Microsoft company store. So you need to get your Microsoft company store login from the Microsoft site and buy it.
- Then you add it to your Xbox account.
I know I'll be referring to this every year 🙂