Top 10 Things for an 11-Year-Old Boy from Iceland
What if you are 11 years old, what is there to do in Seattle if you're from Iceland and have never been here. Here's a short summary for all those little boys who would be bored taking a walking tour. The top ten are:
* The Boeing Everett Tour Center Home. Tickets are $10 each if they are reserved ahead of time and are $3-5 on the day of. You call 1-800-464-1476 9-11AM, Noon-3 M-F. Tours begin at
9:00, 10:00, and 11:00 a.m. and 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
* "Pacific Science Center IMAX":http://www.pacsci.org/imax/schedule.html#august23. Wow, they have Harry Potter on IMAX. An amazing screen and the Boeing IMAX is amazing.
* "Family Fun Center":http://www.fun-center.com/WA/ or "Champ Go Carts":http://www.champskarting.com/. Owned by my buddy Mike Conte, this is really fun way to spend a day but you need to be 12. Sigh too bad, but Family Fun Center is a good spot.
* "Wild Waves":http://www.sixflags.com/parks/enchantedvillage/index.asp. A great park for riding the waves.
* "Experience Music Project":http://www.emplive.com/. Well maybe not for the average 11 year old, but great for dad's who are musicians.
* "Museum of Flight":http://www.museumofflight.org/. Not to be missed if you love things with motors. You can get into a Concorde, Air Force One and also see an amazing number of World War II and other planes.
* "Afternoon at Alki":http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/oto/m-wt2004.html. Get out to Alki beach, enjoy the view, have a snack then take the water taxi to downtown and come back.
* "Fishing in Seattle":http://www.fishingseattle.com/. OK, maybe not sleepless, but fun nonetheless