VIA Motherboards explained
“VIA Epic Motherboards”:http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=2. A good explanation of the many VIA motherboards that folks use for PC-based versions. A little complicated but essentially,
* PD boards are older in either 600MHz or 1GHz both fanless for embedded applications
* Older M boards that are 600MHz fanless or 1GHz with a fan but are optimized for multimedia playback
* MII boards add a PC Card and CF slot and are either 600MHz fanless or 1.2GHz with fan, but not a big upgrade from the M
* MS boards get rid of all the big headers (the main size limitation of these boards)
* TC boards take 12VDC in directly so you can put them in your car or use a “brick” adapter like a notebook.