“PC Magazine”:http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1936083,00.asp normally isn’t that useful anymore and it is a pale imitation of its former self, but this piece on cool utilities is really useful. Here are the top ones:
* “Roboform”:http://roboform.com. A great utility even if it does cost $30. Keeps track of all your passworks.
* “PartitionMagic”:http://symantec.com. Its is $70, but it really helps when you need to change your aprtition and move them.
* “Network Magic”:http://networkmagic. OK, so we are investors, it is kind of cool to see it here as away to manage your home networks
* “Gibson Research”:http://grc.com. They have a bunch of useful utiliities like Leaktest and ShieldsUp!! to scan your computer
* “Filmloop”:http://filmloop.com. This lets you scroll photos across your screen like a ticker.
* “MSN Screen Saver”:http://screensaver.msn.com. This displays photos, puts up dates and track your email.
Here are some for audio, video and photos
* “Rawshooter”:http://pixamantec.com. This is a RAW editor that works really well.
* “Adobe DNG Converter”:http://adobe.com. A free utility that converts from proprietary RAW camera formats into Adobes DNG
* “Microsot Raw Image Viewer”:http://microsoft.. This is a power toy that lets you view RAW inside Windows.
* “SteadyHand”:http://goodervideo.com. An amazing $70 utility that takes the shakes out of your images.
* “Video Convertor”:http://xilisoft.com. This tools takes teh MJPEG that digital cameras use and converts if for $35 into DivX, AVI or MP4 formats.
* “ID3-TagIT”:http://id3-tagit.de. I use Musicmatch for this and it works really well, here’s a freeware alternative.
* “Qumana”:http://qumana. LIke w.bloggar, this is an offline client.