I have three of these old things just sitting on a desk. Simpletech is long since gone, but they are still functional NAS that are good for storing some videos and so forth. So why not use them. Fortunately, the Internet let's you do that:
- Retrevo has their original manual which is pretty nice
- You click on the reset button and it is supposed to then get a DHCP address
- You can find out where it is by using a utility like Fing on your iOS device to find the web address, say 192.168.1.231
- Then go to a web browser and look for http://192.168.1.231 or whatever it is.
- Helpfully, the setup tells you the default user name and password (admin/simple)