Well I've gotten HD HomeRun Prime to work on Mac MythTV and also Windows Media Center, but haven't gotten much further. Mainly use a TiVo to record things with kmttg which also does ad skipping. What I really want is an easy way to do this with HD HomeRun Prime and get rid of the TiVos all together.
Here are the various plans:
- I have a Mac Mini running MythTV connected directly to a television. The problems are that I haven't gotten Mac MythTV to accepth MythTV
- I can't figure out how to get renamer.pl to name MythTV files in human readable format. I downloaded the scripts, but can't figure out how to run them in Mac Myth. And I don't really want yet another box (eg Linux) to support it).
- Plex works great for stored movies and TV Shows (although the media server seems to crash quite a bit on the Mac Mini, but is stable on the Synology box, always nice to have too). It would be cool to get Plex which has a nice user interface and an iOS client to see live TV and be a PVR.
So here is the plan:
- We have one Windows machine, get it running with HD HomeRun Prime for testing and to see in that room.
- Get MythWeb running on that Mac Mini again to make sure we can see it.
- There is something called SuperTV which is an XBMC and Plex add-on that let's you see broadcast TV from around the world. Pretty cool
- There is discussion about getting Plex HD HomeRun Prime directly try that.
- XBMC is pretty nice as well although the iOS client requires jailbreaking, but it has an HD HomeRun but not Prime add-on and there is much about creating the right .strm files.