Santa Cruz Blur Fit and Build Kit Analyzed
OK, if Brad thinks the Blur is great, let’s have a look and see what I need:
h4. Blur Sizing
I’m 5′ 10″ to 5′ 11″, so the recommendation is medium with a 120 stem. The effective top tube is 57.7 cm (I usually ride a 56.1 cm and 120 mm stem on my road bike).
For 5’11” it is a large with a 100 mm to 120 mm stem. Effective top tube is 59.3 cm which feels long to me, but is geometry different for mountain bikes.
Intuitiion says something less stretched out would be better which is why I have looking at mediums.
h4. “Build Kits”:http://www.santacruzmtb.com/bicycles/retail/build_kit.asp
Per Brad’s recommendation, I looked at the XT-level kit. The Super X with Disc brake option has:
* LX hollow cranks & bb 44/32/22
* XT 11-34 cassette
* LX Rapid fire 9-speed shift pods
* XT front & rear derailleurs
* Hayes Hydraulic Disc Brakes
* wheels front White hub, Bontrager Valiant rim, butted spokes, alloy nipples
* wheels rear XT 9-speed, Bontrager Valiant asym. rim, butted spokes, alloy nipples
* tires Kenda Karma 2.0 Kevlar 110 gram tubes
* Easton EC70 350mm seatpost
* saddle Titec Ithys-Gove Ti 205 gram
* stem Easton Alloy
* bars Easton CT2 Carbon 125 gram or
riser bars Easton carbon Monkey bar lo-rise 160 gram
* headset Cane Creek S2
* pedals not included
The list price is $1500 for anodized and $1350 for powder coated for the frame alone. List price with a Fox F100 RLC is $1975 for frame and fork List price for the above with the Super X disc brake option is $3435