HP L2335 LCD lust!
AnandTech: HP L2335: Low Response Time and High Resolution LCD. Now that I’ve got that new Athlon 3800+ (running at 233MHz) stable, the next step is the lust for LCD monitor. The current trend is going to widescreen. “Tomshardware”:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050830/index.html and also “earlier”:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050706/index.html has also been tracking these.
The monitors to get are all based on the LG.Philips SIPS panel. These are in acdending order of price:
* Dell 1905FP. This is a 19″ version. This is just $350 at the “Dell Outlet”:http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/monitor?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh but it isn’t wide screen.
* Dell 2005FPW. The 20″ version that is widescreen for $580 at “Dell”:http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=20053YR&c=us&l=en&cs=22&category_id=6198&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx
* HP L2335. The 24″ Dell doesn’t uses a different LCD panel so isn’t in the running. From “pricegrabber”:http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2435537/sort_type=bottomline it is about $1K delivered so not a bad price.
The ones that don’t use this panel aren’t that high quality like the:
* “Apple Cinema 23”:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050830/pro_lcd-01.html which looks great, but uses an inferior panel and also doesn’t have any brightness or other controls.
* “Dell FPW2405”:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050706/professional_lcd-10.html