Nothing like buying a camera that is obsolete in two months! Wish the rumor sites had picked this up earlier...but the RX100 is definitely a nice camera anyway, just wish I had that extra stop as the main limitation is really at night.
I'm not sure how useful the Wi-Fi is as I have an Eye-Fi card and find that I really want to process my raw images (I use my iPhone for the quick snaps). Plus the battery life drain is definitely a problem on a camera like this. The LCD display is tiltable which again is decently useful.
The filter adapter though is super useful particularly on those bright days when you want high resolution (since the camera does best at F/5.6 and its maximum shutter isn't too fast). And the grip is welcome (although I like supporting independents and got my own for $35 🙂
Sony Cyber-shot RX100M2 and RX1R compact cameras officially announced | Photo Rumors
The world’s first 1.0” CMOS sensor featuring an Exmor R®image sensor technology. With this back-illuminated technology, the sensor doubles light sensitivity and combines with Sony’s Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise by half
Sony VFA-49R1 49mm filter adapter for RX100, RX100M2 and RX1R ($29.95):
- Easy on/off with one-touch release
- Receiver securely attaches to lens barrel
- Using the VFA-49R1 adapter, now it is easy to expand the DSC-RX100/100M2’s shooting creativity by easily adding high-quality
Sony AG-R1 attachment grip for RX100/RX100M2 ($14.95):
- Provides reliable and secure grip for active shooting
- Durable rubber-like material
- Easily attaches with double-sided tape