Well with zika running rampant, Consumer Reports published their list of the best repellants.
The best appears to be:
- 20% picaridin used in Sawyer Picaridin
- good ol’30% Deet in the Ben’s 30%. (I still have some 100% deet in a bag somewhere, imagine how powerful that is) a close second.
- Finally there is Repel Lemon Eucalyptus which is not quite as effective but perhaps a bit more natural.
They didn’t test it but I imagine:
- the 100% Deet is even more effective, but dangerous. Both the Picaridin and the Deet are bad for clothing, so cover up and only apply on exposed skin.
- 3M Ultrathon has a product which is 33% Deet and uses a time release formula for the military