Well now that we don’t have privacy, here’s a quick review of what to do to harden your Mac:
- Install 1Password using Dropbox because it’s a pain to remember all the passwords.
- Turn on System Preferences/Security & Privacy/FileVault. This encrypts your hard disk, so in evil hands, they at least need your password.
- Turn on System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Firewall. This keeps some of the bad things out
- Download and install Sophos for Home a free antivirus package
- Download and install Adguard to keep ads out. You can uninstall individual browser pieces, but if you do not want a system level thing, then use uBlock Origins.
- Download and install DNSCrypt to make your DNS queries private
- Download and install Private Internet Access
- Make Startpage your search engine on your browser to mask your queries