Email to Blog
A long standing project. I actually figured out pretty much how to do it with B2/Cafelog, but I’m going to convert everyone at Geek Fishing over to MovableType and restart the project with MovableType. That does mean I have to learn Perl though, so it will take a while. On the other hand, in the last few months, I’m pretty good with PHP, so it’s time to learn the other big programming environment
Project goals are:
- For folks who love Blackberrys and Outlook, you should be able to enter a blog entry by just sending email to a magical email address
- If the email has attachments like photos, automatically upload them and put the right links in
- If the entries include interpolated mail, then split the email entries properly into their own entries.
- If the entries are already there, then coalesce them and use categories to thread them
- Put a Spam filter on the entry email address as well