Calvin's Project: Aztecs and Mayans
Calvin's project this year are Aztecs and Mayans. He started with some basic questions he made up himself including:
# How many gods do they believe in?
# Where did they worship?
Here are some of the places he looked:
* Google Search: mayan temple. Some fantastic pictures of Mayan temples
* "Aztec Temples":http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=aztec+temple&sa=N&tab=wi. Same for Aztec Temples.
* "Aztec and Mayan Gods":http://www.meta-religion.com/World_Religions/Ancient_religions/Central_america/aztec_and_mayan_gods.htm. An incredible list of Aztec and Mayan Gods.
* "Huitzilopochtli":http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/mythology/huitzilopochtli_sun.html. The head god himself.
* "Human Sacrifices":http://nv.essortment.com/aztecsacrifice_raif.htm. The most incredible part of the story was the regularity of human sacrifices. Nearly 20,000 people per year.