Well, its Christmas time again, so once again, here’s some holiday recommendations from Rich. Hope you all buy early:
* Cusinart Classic Style 2-Slice Chrome Toaster with free shipping from MetroKitchen.com. This is $50. Interesting to see how retro is so in. Just look at what Restoration Hardware has done. Here’s a 1920s toaster about 100 years later. Or if you really want to go crazy spend $280 for a hand-made British toaster.
* “Chef’s Choice Sharpener”:http://www.metrokitchen.com/store/d-mart.asp?command=list&search=ccknfshrp. Besides amazingly great Wustof knives or All Clad cookware, nothing make cooking easier than a really sharp knife. The $129 CC-320 is a great unit. Three levels of sharpening and highly recommended.
h3. Office gadgets
Since I’ve been travelling quite a bit, I’ve been in tune with the latest time saving gadgets:
* “ipod”:http://apple.com/ipod/. Yes, they are expensive, but they are really so neat. The best price performance right now seems to 20GB at $280 street suffices for 99% of all people.
* “Zip Linq”:http://www.ziplinq.com/. They have a great set of retractable cables from “USB”:http://www.ziplinq.com/retractable-cable-usb.html to “Ethernet”:http://www.ziplinq.com/retractable-cable-modular.html. The coolest thing though are the USB to “cell phone chargers”:http://www.ziplinq.com/retractable-cable-cell.html, so you don’t need to carry a separate charger, but can just slave off of a laptop or a AC to USB charger.
* “Ultra Cord”:http://www.ultraproducts.com/index.php?cPath=26_55. Like the folks at Zip Linq, these guys also have retractable cables. I really like their “kits”:http://www.techniz.co.uk/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=88 as stocking stuffers that cost $50 and have 13 different components including a mini-mouse. “Zipzoomfly”:http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373019 has it for $35.
* “iPod sync cable”:http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=821&t_mode=des. Here’s a retractable cable for iPod synchronization.
* “Bluetooth Mouse”. For the person who doesn’t like touchpads.