Sitting with another buddy who loves cameras and has been going through all these mirrorless cameras fast. This is the most active area right now and I want one that has great quality and is also decent to use (not easy). Right now, the choices are:
- Fuji X10. Amazing image, but autofocus misses and hard to use
- Sony NEX. Image quality is the best of the mirrorless bunch by a wide margin.
- Nikon 1 series. Image quality as good as the much larger micro 4/3 family. It uses an Aptiva sensor (not Sony!)
But what is exciting is what is coming
- Samsung NX20. This is a 20 megapixel camera (?!!!)
- Fuji LX. The rumor is that there is a interchangeable lense version coming out early in 2012.