As an aside, ITXGamer seems to have some good focused reviews of mini-ITX gaming systems. If I were to do this again I’d probably use the Coolermaster Elite 120 with a traditional ATX (not the smaller SFX) PSU like the fanless Seasonic X460. And if I were going mineral cooled, I’d slam a Kingwin 1000 Watt monster with a GTX-690 card and see how it worked 🙂
- Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced Case
- Kingwin 1000W
- ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
- Intel Core i5 3570K Processor
- GTX 690. This is a single board which has a pair of GTX 680s
- Noctua NH-L12 (there is only 60mm of clearance), but I would use a slim 120mm fan rather than just the 92mm one.
- Samsung 840 Pro x 2 in RAID 0.
This is an incredibly powerful rig in a tiny chassis that should be as fast as the P8Z77-V Deluxe system we put together but in literally a chassis 1/4 the size. The main issue is cooling which I would handle with mineral oil as it is much more efficient cooling.