Snow Reports in the Pacific Northwest
It's been an awesome ski season so far. Amazing how much snow there's been. Here are the main resorts I look at and go to. Makes it easy to check conditions:
* "Ski Washington":http://skiwashington.com/conditions.php. A great site with an overview of latest snowfalls. A great powder report email that they send too. Subscribe for sure!
* "Snoqualmie":http://www.summit-at-snoqualmie.com/winter/conditions.html#t2. Really close to Seattle. About a 45 minute ride. Mainly a beginner hill except for Alpental which has some nice runs. An amazing 82 inch base and 90 inches at the top of the mountain in December. That's 7 feet of snow!
* "Crystal Mountain":http://www.crystalmt.com/weathercenter/. A bit farther at 1 1/2 to 2 hours away, but great skiing. Right now 78 inches at the summit! Best thing about it is that kids 1o and under ski for just $5. Hard to beat that! A tougher hill than Snoqualmie, but amazing views of Mt. Rainier when clear.
* "Stevens Pass":http://stevenspass.harborproperties.com/ResApps/Conditions.aspx. This place is a little farther if you live in Seattle, but quite close if you live on the Eastside. Another wow year with 76 inch base. 9 inches fell in the last 24 hours. It is pretty high, so you get good quality snow.
* "Sun Peaks":http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/weather//history.cfm?nid=109&navid=109&catid=3. Actually, they haven't got much snow. Have 28 inches, so it looks like the Washington has them beat by quite a bit. We're going up in February so hopefully they'll have more then. A great resort for kids!
* "Mount Baker":http://www.mtbaker.us/snow_report/report_fs.html. I've never been up there. It is pretty far from Seattle, but they have an amazing amount of snow. Right now they have a 10 foot base. That 121 inches!