You can use either Folding@home or Rosetta@home to do this. It's not completely clear how to do this so some instructions:
- Folding@home. It works best is you have a computer with a GPU. It is doing simulations while you are sleeping in a huge network.
- The client isn't in `scoop` as far as I can tell, so you need to do the download
- The critical thing is that you have to set Team Id that is dedicated to Corona Virus, otherwise you will get some random projec, so set it to `Other Project` and then you can use the Reddit Covid team number which is 236269. Although when I restarted it, it gave me some other random project. I'm not clear on how to force Covid only. The other projects are of course worthy, but this seems critical
- Then you should be able to start it. I set it to idle only and hopefully you have the computer that will save the world. Just leave the computer running and it will use your GPU.
- If you want to get credit, then you need to fill out a form to get a passkey to identify you uniquely to the system. There is logon.
The thing is a little weird as it is a backup startup task so when you want to control it, it brings up a webpage in your browser.