OK, there is basically no user interface for the dash cam. Here is what I’ve figured out:
- If you stick a USB key in one of the front USBs and one of the partitions has the folder
TeslaCamand it is formatted as FAT32, you will get a Dashcam icon.
- If the icon has an
Xon it, it means it found the USB but something is wrong. The only fix appears to be to reformat the drive.
- Do not just pull the drive out to look at the videos, you have to long press on the icon
- It looks like if things are working properly, you get a camera icon with a “RED” button on it indicating recording. This seems to create an hour circular buffer of files named
- If you tap on the icon, you get what looks look likes a download GREEN button, this saves the last 10 minutes into another set of files called
- Theoretically if you create two partitions, you should be able to have one that is the Dashcam and the other which is USB music, but when I tried this, I immediately the the
Xicon and had to reformat.